How to Add New Hard Drive to Windows 10
Most of the Windows 10 Computer comes with a one single hard drive, But you may want to add a second hard drive as you are running out of disk space.
In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to add a new hard drive to Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System. And I Assume you have already attached your new hard disk physically to your computer.
- Open Windows 10 Disk Management Tool - We need to format the new hard drive from the windows 10 disk management tool. To open the disk management tool right click on the windows start button and click on Disk Management. In the Disk Management tool, you should see your second hard drive is listed.
- Initialize Disk - Before we create new partitions, we need to Initialize the new disk. To Initialize Disk Right Click on Disk Label and click Initialize Disk.
- From the Initialize Disk Dialog Box Choose MBR (Master Boot Record) as the Partition style and click Ok.
- Create New Volume - Now we can create one or more windows partition from our new disk. To create a Partition, Right Click on the Unallocated Area of the disk and click on New Simple Volume.
- Specify Volume Size - From the New Simple Volume Wizard First Specify the size of the new windows 10 partition. If you just want to create one partition, allocate the Maximum Available Disk space.
- Assign Drive Letter - Next, Select a Drive Letter for the new Windows 10 Partition.
- Format Partition - Finally, Select the Format Type to create a new Windows 10 Partition.
Go to My Computer (This PC in Windows 10) and You should see your windows hard drive Partition Available and ready to use.
Summary - Add Hard Drive Windows 10
In this tutorial, we learned How to add a new hard drive to Windows 10 Operating System. From the Windows 10 disk management tool first, we initialized the Disk new hard drive, then created a new partition from the Unallocated Space.